Monday, May 06, 2013

A New Girl!

Hi Guys, Longtime fans know that I've had two Scottie dogs FOREVER. The fabulous Cammyman - my Wheaton Scottie who loves the camera and the ocean and "helps" me write all my books. You can check out the Cammy Cam in my archives. (In the HON series he's Damien's cat!) My other Scottie was less photogenic but equally wonderful. Her name was Chloe Cast, better known as Clo-clo-ba-bo. Tragically, my precious girl died unexpectedly in February. Following HoN tradition, I turned Chloe into a vampyre's cat and immortalized her in REVEALED. Yes, you'll need major Kleenexes to read that part - I certainly did to write it! She also has a major character role in one of my Goddess Summoning Books, GODDESS OF LOVE. Yes! Chloe did think she was a cat! And a lovely cat at that... Recently Cammyman and I decided we were ready to welcome another Scottie into our lives! So, I'd like to officially introduce my readers and friends to Claire Bear! She found her forever home with us yesterday. She seems more photogenic than Chloe, so you may be seeing a Claire Cam as well as a Cammy Cam in the future. Sending out love and light to all of you who have lost a beloved pet... PC

10 comments:

Noobular said...

I'm so glad you're at this stage, she's beautiful and I wish you all the happiness together :)

lark said...

Such a lovely girl and a great picture of the two of you!

jacobtevans said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is a terrible thing to go through.

Unknown said...

So glad to see your new baby. Losing a pet is so tragic because they are family members. In my personal experience, finding a new baby helps the healing process that much more. Here's to a long and happy life with Claire Bear :)

Lexie Moon said...

I lost a cat in the previous week... :c
Now I just can remember all the moments that I spent with him. When I think that I can't see him anymore it hurts... I will never see that black shiny coat and his sweet green eyes anymore and I will never kiss and embrace my boy anymore. :c

But all the memories that I've about him are really good. He spent with me the worst moments, in the best moments he was always there. He made good things and stupid things, he made me laught and happy around five years and now I just can believe that he's somewhere and he's fine. And I'll keep him alive forever, in my heart.

GĂ©raldine said...

Oh PC I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember well the Chloe of "Goddess of Love" of course (the little mischievous cat-dog!). What a beautiful way of immortalizing our dear friends, that to make them great characters in great stories. I will be glad to see her again in Revealed.
Welcome also to lovely Claire Bear, and hugs to little Cammy and your big puppies.
Yes, you're right, let's celebrate all our life companions, past and present.
(Thoughts for you too Zoey Lee: what you say about your cat is beautiful and so very true)
xxoo

GĂ©raldine (and Carmilla and Griffin, my two cats who say that Chloe certainly was a good dog since she saw herself as a cat..)

Amber Terry said...

She is beautiful! It's so hard to lose an animal.. I couldn't imagine not having my dog Babe, or my lovely cat Kiara. They're like my best friends! [Not to mention amazing at keeping secrets!!]

Hope your day is wonderful.

-Amber Terry for Stevie Rae Johnson.

Ambystoma Havana said...

I am sorry for your loss, I know how it feels. I just recently lost my cat Blue in April.She had feline Leukemia.Congratulations on getting a new dog, she is a cutie. I wish you the best. :)

Maike said...

Dear pc, i know how hard it is when ya losing someone (or 'somepet') you love. We had 16 years a dog with wich i'd grown up. She died a year ago but it's still sad. So i gave a poor dog with a tragic past a forever home. His name is Fred and I bet ya would love him! Good luck with your new family member!

Bennbr said...

Losing an animal is a horrible thing. But I am sure she went into Nyx's arms. =] And your new girl is just beautiful. I see a lot of scotties in my profession (im a dog groomer) and she looks more beautiful than the ones I see. But i am glad to see you happy with your new baby and I hope all of your four-legged children get along well.