In celebration of TEMTED being finished, THE FLEDGLING HANDBOOK almost being finished, my stress level going way down along with my grumpy level, I've decided to run a very cool CONTEST because I have the most awesome and creative fans EVER. And I'm going to give away stuff! Cool House of Night stuff!
So, here are the details:
1) The contest will be for who can create the coolest vampyre tattoo, photograph it, and send it to my lovely new personal assistant, Camden Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) You may enter as many times as you'd like, but each tattoo has to be unique.
3) No, for this contest I won't take sketches. But don't despair artists - I'll run a contest for you after this one (and don't worry - I have plenty of cool HoN stuff!).
4) The pictures must be real people and not computer generated images, but you may photoshop them. Holly's picture in the previous post, and beautiful Iona's picture in this post are good examples of what I'm looking for.
5) The contest begins immediately and will run until midnight, central time, on July 31st.
6) Camden will collect the entries and give them to me, and then I'll pick the winners. I'll probably award the first three places and perhaps an honerable mention.
7) I will judge the photos on: origionality, creativity, and general coolness.
8) PRIZES! I'll be giving away a signed set of the HoN books, tee shirts, and jewelry. FYI: The Fire Goddess, my wonderful jeweler who does exclusive work for the HoN, has created a NEW PIECE OF JEWELRY for the October release of TEMPTED. It's a pendant of Nyx, and it is amazing! The pendant won't be available for purchase until October, but the lucky winner of this contest will receive the piece early! Yea!
9) YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LIVE IN THE US TO ENTER. The HoN is currently published in 22 countries around the world. You may enter from anywhere!
Good luck! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Posted by PC Cast at 8:47 AM
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Posted by PC Cast at 12:10 PM
Monday, June 15, 2009
I know you guys are anxiously awaiting the unveiling of the cover of TEMPTED, which my wonderful publisher is keeping Top Secret until later this summer. So when my editor at Harlequin sent me the final cover for my early October Nocturne release, THE AVENGER, I thought I'd post it right away!
It's a cool time travel story with most of the action set in Briton in 60 AD, and Boudica is an important secondary character. Interestingly enough, in the House of Night world's history I have Boudica's two teenage daughters being Marked and going through the Change - and during that time they found the Dark Daughters.
Oh, a ratings warning: THE AVENGER is not young adult. I'd give it an R rating for violence and sex. So if your parents won't let you see R rated movies this book isn't for you.
Posted by PC Cast at 8:49 PM
Friday, June 05, 2009
Well, we're back from GMA and a fun Borders interview at BEA in NYC. The picture is from our last day in the city, after our Borders interview. We got to take off and SHOP! It was a gorgeous day - perfect weather. We had a bike guy take us back to our hotel, and when he dropped us off he told us his bike was brand new! We were his very first customers, so we had him take a picture to commemorate the event. The bike guys are so much more fun than cabs!
The rewrite of TEMPTED is almost finished, and then I'll be working on the text part of the illustrated FLEDGLING HANDBOOK. More on that later...
Those of you in the Oklahoma City area check out ABC on June 29th. I'm not sure what time, but the program is called "Believe in Oklahoma." They were just here interviewing us - such a nice group. I'll try to post a link after it airs.
Wishing y'all happy reading and lovely summer weather,
Posted by PC Cast at 8:55 PM