Sunday, September 18, 2005

New YA Series!

Okay, keep your fingers crossed! I've just emailed my proposal and chapter 1 of a new YA series to my agent. And I'm proposing that my 18 year old daughter, the phabulous Kristin, coauthor it with me! I can't give out any details right now, but I will say that it's paranormal and it is AWESOME! Plus, I don't think I've ever had so much fun writing a proposal and first chapter as I did this one with my daughter.

I'll give details as I get them. For right now keep positive thoughts coming my way!

8 comments:

moonhart said...

Okay, we will cross fingers.

Can you tell us what age group? Cause I have the 9 year old and the fourteen year old guinea pigs.

LOL!


;)

Terri

Jeri said...

Yay! That sounds like so much fun. Good luck, PC!

Gena Showalter said...

I predict amazing things!!

PC Cast said...

Thanks Guys! I'm targeting the 12 and above age group (although I think what Kristin and I are writing is more appropriate for 14-16 year olds). But, of course, I was reading everything at 13 or so...

Hey - GENA!! Don't you have a YA novel coming out next year??

By the way Jeri - if I make it to Baltimore you and I soooo have a date at the Scotch dinner place!!!

Jill Monroe said...

Oh, PC - how wonderful. I'd love to do something like that with my kid. Of course, the youngest has to learn to read.

Good luck!

moonhart said...

Oooo! I will keep a lookout on behalf of the 14 year old.

Terri

PC Cast said...

I just got a partial answer from my Berkley editor. She said coauthoring it would my daughter is totally okay! Now if they just buy the series...I'm crossing my fingers and toes and lighting a bloody Jesus candle that smells like Cool-Aid AND a Mary candle that smells like old lady rose perfume (talk about calling in the Big Guns!)...

PC Cast said...

Thanks Aki! So glad Goddess of Light made you cry! And I am sooo looking forward to December and Brighid's Quest. Also, I just found out that Berkley has moved the release of Goddess of the Rose up to February! Yea! Less time to wait is always good.

I should know something about the YA series next week. I'll keep y'all informed!

PC