Saturday, September 22, 2007

BETRAYED Review


(www.huntressreviews.com)



Thought I'd share a lovely Huntress Review for BETRAYED. Thank you Detra!

TITLE: Betrayed
AUTHORS: P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
13 ISBN: 9780312360283
10 ISBN: 0312360282


5 STARS!


Zoey "Z" Redbird is a fledgling vampyre. She has managed to finally settle in at the House of Night finishing school. Z has been Chosen by the vampyre goddess, Nyx, and she has already kicked vampyre ghost butt. Yet still Zoey has a strange feeling something is wrong, like the stillness before a tornado or storm.

Zoey's Imprint with Heath remains and she still finds herself caring for the mortal teenager. The mutual attraction between Z and Erik, also a fledgling, remains as well. Yet Zoey is finding herself intrigued by Loren Blake as well. Loren is a part-time, temporary professor (of poetry class) at the academy. Zoey is sure he cannot be more than five or six years older than she, however, relationships between students and teachers are prohibited.

Zoey is about to conduct her first Full Moon Ritual as leader of the Dark Daughters and Sons. Zoey's life is full and she has little alone time for herself. It soon becomes apparent that she better make some time for a new problem. People Zoey knew from her prior human life are disappearing. When and where their bodies are eventually found, as well as the cause of deaths, point to the House of Night. To save all the humans and vampyres she cares for, Zoey must face a betrayal that could break her heart, if not her very soul. May Nyx protect her!

***** If you have not read the first book, MARKED, then I highly suggest you do so before beginning this title. If you do not, you will still be able to understand what is going on; however, you will not be privy to some references of Zoey's adventurous past and markings. Believe me when I say this series could be categorized as either Young Adult or Fantasy. It does not matter if you are male or female, this series will enthrall you against your will. Authors P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast are a dangerous writing duo with poisonous pens. Highly recommended.



HUNTRESS REVIEWS
(Reviewed by Detra Fitch)

4 comments:

ashton said...

dear p.c. cast

my name is aaron i have read your books since i've been in 6th grade but i am in love with betrayed and marked mostly because i love vamps but also because i want to be a writer and have looked to your book for suport i hope you never ever stop writing

Unknown said...

I just came across your book marked roughly 2 months ago and I loved it. If I had more time to read I wouldnt have just finished reading betrayed. I've been way to excited about your next book so I will know what happens next. I have a hard time finding books that can keep my intrest but thats no problem with your books. till then I'm indulging in your fantasy books.
you keep writing and i'll keep reading.

Sarah said...

I read Betrayed first and it was amazing. I love how you developed your characters and your story line. You had me from the first chapter.

I read Marked second and read the entire book in one night. I just couldn't stop reading it. It was so amazing and powerful. I truly hope that you are able to do two more books after Chosen and Chosen comes out early. That would be awesome!!!

Warm regards and Happy Holidays!!!

Sarah

Shadow said...

I have read your book Marked three times and I think that betrayed will be just like it. Maybe I will get it for Christmas. Merry Christmas every one here.